DIY Christmas Gifts, Cookies in a JarPosted by Guarantee Green Team on December 19th, 2012
If you’re looking for an easy and impressive do it yourself Christmas gift idea, try sending a cookie recipe in a jar. Just fill a mason jar with everything you need to bake a delicious batch of cookies, tie some pretty ribbon around it, and you’ve got a nice DIY Christmas gift.
Start with a one quart canning jar that is cleaned and thoroughly dried.
Next, mix together in a bowl:
- 2 cups flour (sifted)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
Place the mixed ingredients into the jar, and then add the following ingredients in layers:
- ¾ cup brown sugar (packed)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cups chocolate chips or M&Ms
Now take a piece of paper and write the following baking directions for the cookies:
- Empty the jar into a large bowl and mix well.
- Add ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- Make 1 inch balls of dough, and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake about 12 minutes at 375 degrees, until the edges are slightly brown
- Cool and enjoy
Use a hole puncher to put a hole in the corner of the paper, and tie it around the jar with a ribbon.
DIY Cookies in a jar make a great stocking stuffer, or keep a few around the house for last minute gifts.