Healthy Winter Sweet PotatoesPosted by Guarantee Green Team on November 13th, 2012
Every year the cold weather hits and the pounds start packing on. As the holidays approach get off to a great head start by learning healthy ways of preparing your favorite winter foods, like this tasty recipe for steamed sweet potatoes.
- 1 lb sweet potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic chopped or pressed
- 1 onion slice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons ground pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
Chop sweet potatoes into ½ inch slices, and then steam the sweet potatoes and onion slice for 7 minutes (no more). Now simply toss the steamed sweet potatoes in a bowl with the remaining ingredients, and enjoy.
This recipe will provide you with tons of vitamins without too many calories. Enjoy all your favorite winter foods without gaining any winter weight.